HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE. We are depositing hearts for good speech sounds :)
1. One of my favorite places to shop are friend's houses, in particular closets or attics. Usually friends, family and other people that you may know have lots of giveaways. I was fortunate to have a coworker who gave me a lot of free therapy materials. Also I went back home and looked through my closet.
This option is FREE :)
2. Party City: I like to go here for my treasure box goodies because they sell things in bulk for parties. I usually find myself on the party favors aisle. They sell individual items (i.e. pencils, erasers) and bulk. I get lots of my themed stickers from here as well. Some of their items are fairly reasonable.
3. Dollar Tree: You can not go wrong in the Dollar Tree, everything is a dollar. I usually get stationary, supplies (i.e. pencil, paper, folders), activity books, games. Some of their activity books (i.e. phonics, letters, reading comprehension) are pretty good.
4. Dollar Section: I usually go to the dollar section in the front of the store to see what they have, it depends on the day, but sometimes you get find some good items.
5. Five and Below http://www.fivebelow.com/store-locator/ One of my favorite places, everything is $5 and below. They have some great games, activities, books, and more. Some states have Five and Below and some do not. The website can let you know the nearest location to you.
6. Etsy http://www.etsy.com Sometimes on Etsy there are some pretty good buys for therapy materials. Some of the search options that you can type include, but are not limited to: "speech therapy," "language therapy,"phonics," etc.
7. Ikea: This one surprised me, I went in there the other day to buy a lamp. I did not follow the arrows and ended up in the children's section :) which brought me to the supplies that I picked up. I found felt tip markers for $1.99 and a huge pack of paper for $3.99. They have some other items (i.e. easel, pretend food sets) in this section as well.
8. Big Lots: I really like Big Lots for paper, pencils, any type of supplies. There are a lot of other great buys in Big Lots too.