I promise myself...
I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!
1. http://teachinglearnerswithmultipleneeds.blogspot.com/ : this is a Great resource to use for ideas and resources for SLPs and teachers of learners with severe, profound, intensive, significant, complex or multiple special needs. Some of the resources include: Symbol and Photo Sets and Programs to Use Them, AAC Cases, Activity Sharing, Fabulous Freebies, and many other great resources.
2. http://www.speakingofspeech.com/ : IEP goal bank, exchanging ideas, lesson plans & data forms, resource links for various topics (i.e. AAC, Phonology), Speech Swap Meet (forum for Speech Language Pathologists and Teachers SLPs to swap, buy, or sell therapeutic & educational materials, books, games and other similar items). There are lots of other great resources on this website as well.
3. http://preschoolprintables.com/ : Different printable pages (i.e. file folder games) to use with various activities
4. http://www.janbrett.com/index.html : Activities, coloring pages, games (computer and printable), cards
5. http://www.babybumblebee.com/company/freebies.cfm : Free posters, practice sheets, posters, parent tips, downloadable books and flashcards
6. http://www.crayola.com/ : Over 1,000 Crafts, Coloring Pages, and Lesson Plans
7. http://www.theideabox.com/ : Activities, Crafts, Recipes, Songs, Seasons, Forum
8. http://www.pics4learning.com/ : Free pictures (photographs & clip art) to use in an educational setting that are categorized by various topics
9. http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/general_content/free_resources/teachers_corner/teachersCorner.jsp : Lakeshore -Writing Practice, Awards, Flash Cards, Word Search, Crafts & Activities, Clip Art, Calendars & Templates, E-Cards, Classroom Designer, Customized Catalogs & Correlations, Head Start & Early Head Start, Classroom Designer, Complete Classrooms, Outdoor Learning, Grants & Organizations, Lesson Plans, Projects & Activities, Printables
10. http://www.speechtherapygames.com/FREEBIE.htm : Homework Hero Intro & Coloring Sheet, SSK Coloring Sheet, Thematic Units Calendars, Perkilou’s Percentages Quick Reference Guide, Freebie Books, 100+ Ways to Praise a Child, PowerPoint Games, Door Hangers, Board Games
11. http://www.mayer-johnson.com/downloads/trials/ : 30 Day Free Boardmaker Trial
12. http://www.enchantedlearning.com/sample/index.shtml : Free Sample Printable Pages with a Variety of Different Curriculum
13. http://lessonpix.com: User can create custom materials such as coloring sheets, Bingo, picture cards, etc. Clip art is available in a library with over 1000 pictures and/or the individual can upload his/her own clip art or photos to use with Lesson Pix's custom materials.
Hailey Gaida, M.S.,CF-SLP is the creator of the blog, By Any Means Necessary: A CF-SLP's Journey (http://cccslp.blogspot.com/). This blog documents Hailey's journey as she completes her Clinical Fellowship year in the school system. She discusses different topics related to her CF experiences such as...
-Quality of Care/Service
Follow Hailey's Blog to get the latest updates on her journey as a CF-SLP. She also has a section where individuals can ask her questions.
Thank you Hailey for documenting your experiences as a CF, we are excited about your upcoming posts!
I must admit today was a pretty hectic day! I think that is what made me even more inclined to write this post. My day was chaotic, nothing went as planned, I felt overwhelmed, paperwork continues to pile up, and many schedule changes. In the midst of all of the above and other things not stated, I still felt like I had an amazing day!
My day was amazing because....a student on my caseload learned a new skill, all of the students that come to Speech Therapy always look forward to their sessions and are excited and eager to learn, and the most important point is.... I chose a major that I am so passionate about that I am open to when nothing goes as planned, when I feel overwhelmed, when paperwork continues to pile up and when there are schedule changes.
We may not be able to change the circumstances of a situation, but we can change our perspective!...Every day I start my day and choose to have an optimistic outlook on life, seeking the lessons in the hectic days, finding peace in chaos and enjoying a career that fills my life with so much joy!
Choosing to major in the field of Speech Language Pathology has become so much more than my career, but it has shaped my life in ways unimaginable. The tools that Speech Language Pathology provided for me throughout my years of schooling and the start of my career have become the foundation of my life.
I came home, drank a cup of green tea, looked up new quotes for the day and I am excited for what tomorrow has in store.
"You control your future, your destiny. What you think about comes about. By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be. Put your future in good hands - your own."-Mark Victor Hansen-